Tuesday, October 25, 2011

New Projects

I've been told that I should write about some of the stories behind the videos that I create. The videos come from a wide variety of projects, trips, vacations, and random adventures. It makes sense that there should be a place for the stories that go with these videos to be heard.

I've decided to start with some of my newer videos and continue the trend with future videos. I'm also going to re-post some older videos that have cool stories worth sharing. Whether 10 or 0 people read this doesn't really matter, but hopefully those that do read it can take something from my stories.

The first video I want to share is one of my newest time-lapses. I've been working on these time-lapse videos lately and have really enjoyed the learning process. The thing about time lapses is that they take time and a good location, so it becomes somewhat of an ongoing process to get a cool time-lapse of any real length.

This one started at about 4:00 in the afternoon and ended at 11:00 pm, with about 4500 frames when all was said and done. My goal was to use a few different angles to get a well-balanced video of the camping, which went fairly well.

Another part of this video that was new to me was shooting stars as part of a time-lapse. I like what I got here, but have bigger and better ideas for the next one, which hopefully will be coming up soon. Check out the video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment