Friday, March 23, 2012

Crow - Day 1 Picture 1



I took this picture a few days ago, and true to the theme of this project, the meaning is in the story. Back in high school, what was probably around 2005 or so, I had a pet crow. His name was Duke and by "his" I mean I wanted him to be a boy so he was.
The idea of a pet crow was never something that I considered prior to this, much like any regular person. However I have this thing where I am always fascinated with exotic pets and the possibility of caring for something unique. Well it turns out in the spring that boy crows and girl crows make little baby crows, and these can be taken out of the nest for free. Now I don't recommend actually doing this but one way or another I acquired a young crow that spring.
Taking care of Duke wasn't so tough either, soak some puppy food (dog food would work but we have crow puppies here) in water and there you go, breakfast of champions.
Sometimes around March I'll see a crow nest and think about giving it another go.

No comments:

Post a Comment